I've managed 3 blog posts in a year. HAH. So let's quietly restart this. No ceremony, no fanfare....just......start again.
3 things that have happened:
1) First Christmas in our new house (very cosy)
2) I have started a ceramics evening course, and have just signed up to the summer term (so, must be enjoying it)
3) I saw my first Dipper, and Kingfisher
3 things that have not changed:
1) I am still in a day job 5 days a week. It feels awful.
2) I still start things and don't finish them
3) My cat, aged 19, is still very much part of our lives (albeit with less energy, a bit more vomit and a lot more interest in any warm space available)
3 things that are happening now:
1) I'm sat in a bar in London and for the first time in the last 3 years have been told there is nothing, and will be nothing, that I can eat off the mains menu. So, lots of starters and puddings for me then. Thanks very much.
2) For reasons I can't quite explain, there continues to be a steady demand for drawings of cats on little pieces of wood, which I sell as brooches and things.
3) I am using Headspace (the app) to meditate and am starting to suspect I expect quite a lot of myself. This is quite a revelation. I'm not sure how to stop doing that, as I'm still quite surprised at finding this out. But OH, it does make quite a lot of sense, thinking about it.....
3 things that will happen:
1) A long weekend with Mr G coming up, a hotel with a pool and the Lost Gardens.
2) I'm applying to do a week long intensive drawing summer school. Fingers crossed it runs. Something like this is very much needed in my world.
3) I am going to eat all the olives that have just been put in front of me. And will probably demand some more.